top of page
College Students

Immigration Law

Student & Family Visas

Providing Technical Assistance to Prepare the Forms and Paperwork for Non-Immigrant Visas

  • Student Visas – Student visas give foreign nationals the chance to reap the benefits of the American higher education system. This type of visa is a non-immigrant visa -- it only allows for a temporary stay. We can help you understand the complexities of the visa and achieve a successful application.  There are different types of student visas – typically, the type you choose depends on your studies and the type of educational institution you will attend. The three most common examples of visas for students:  F-1 Visa (For academic researchers); J-1 Visa (aka the Academic Studies as an Exchange Visitor visa for individuals who will do a work and study program for cultural exchange—typically medical or business training); and M-1 Visa (For vocational or other non-academic studies).

  • Family Visa – If you have family in the country, you might be eligible for a family visa.  The type of family visa for which you apply depends on your relationship with the U.S. citizen. If you want a successful visa application, you need to choose the right type of visa. Here’s an overview of the different visas:  K-1 Fiancée Visa (for individuals who are engaged to a U.S. citizen so that the non-citizen can enter the country and marry the citizen within 90 days); K-3 Spouse Visa (For a non-citizen who is already married to a U.S. citizen); Immediate Relative Visa (for the spouse, unmarried child, or parent of an American citizen); and the Family Preference Visa (where a relative—spouse or unmarried children—of a green card holder can enter the country, as well as the extended family of U.S. citizens).   We can explain the process and walk you through it.

bottom of page