top of page
Financial Advisor

Immigration Law

Employment & Business Visas

Ensuring the Free Flow of Business-Related Visas for Commerce and Employment

  • Employment Visa & Labor Certification – Where a U.S. employer wants to hire a permanent foreign worker, they need to go through exacting legal channels.  The desired employee may only be eligible for employer-sponsored immigration and the employer would need to consider obtaining a labor certification from the Department of Labor.  Because the U.S. wants to discourage foreign workers from taking jobs away from U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents, strict laws exist regarding employer-sponsored immigration, which we can assist in the filing process. This certificate provides evidence that the employment will not impact the job availability wages or working conditions of U.S. workers.   After Labor Certification, we would also file a petition with the USCIS for their aproval. Then, the State Department issues a visa number. With several types of employment visas—EB-1 visa (for priority workers); EB-2 visa (for a professional with an advanced degree or exceptional ability); EB-3 (for skilled or professional workers; and EB-4( for special immigrants)—we are here to ensure a thorough understanding of your options and their benefits.

  • Business and Investment Visas – A B-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa designed for those wishing to enter the United States temporarily to conduct business.  In addition, E-1 visas serve business persons who intend to conduct a significant amount of business/trade consistent with the treaty formed with their home country. It is designed for a foreign national to enter the United States to conduct some form of international trade on their own behalf. Similarly, E-2 visas are for non-immigrant nationals of countries with which the U.S. has a commerce or navigation treaty. In order to be eligible for and maintain an E-2 visa, this individual must make a significant investment in a U.S. business.

bottom of page